The Whirlwind Hat is available in four sizes, newborn, 3-6 months, child and adult. This hat was designed as part of the 5th annual Crochet Cancer Challenge host by Sweet Potato 3. Lavender was chosen for this hat to represent all forms of cancer as it has or will impact every person. If you would like to learn more about why I chose this color, click here.
This pattern will be free October 6-12, 2019 as part of the goal to receive 50, ooo pledges to donate a hat to a cancer patient or survivor. When sharing your completed hat(s), use #CrochetCancerChallenge.
In order to get this pattern for free use code CC2019 in your cart. Code expires October 12, 2019 at 11:59PM EST
- Cascade Yarns Cherub DK, (55% nylon, 45% acrylic; 180 yds/165 m; 1.76 oz/ 50 grams), or comparable weight #3 yarn: 1 skein
- Hook US Size E/4 (3.50 mm)
- Yarn needle
11 dc = 2”, 3 rounds = 2” diameter
- Newborn: 4.75” height, fits up to 15”head circumference
- 3-6 Months: 6” height, fits up to 17” head circumference
- Child: 6.5” height, fits up to 21” head circumference
- Adult: 7.5” height, fits up to 24” head circumference