The Patriotic Bracelet was inspired by a stitch tutorial for the Chain Loop Stitch on the We Are Knitters blog and some cotton yarn in my stash.
In my usual fashion of thinking of ideas at the last minute, I whipped this bracelet together within 30 minutes! Although the tutorial is for a flat project, I decided to make it in the round for the bracelet, so I wouldn’t have to seam. (Psst! Have you noticed that I try to avoid seams in my crochet designs? No? Well check out the X-capade Cardigan or X-capade Poncho)
Literally, grab you favorite Size J/10 hook and only 33 yards of 100% worsted weight cotton yarn, such as Lily Sugar n’ Cream, Peaches n’ Cream or Bernat Handicrafter yarn in one color or more, to make one for yourself, a friend and a family member.
Do you need to make it smaller or larger? Yes? Well it’s super easy to adjust the size since you can use any number of chains for the perfect fit.
Want it shorter or longer? You can make just one round of chain loop stitches, or make 10 for a statement piece!
- Lily Sugar n’ Cream (100% cotton, 120 yards / 109 meters, 2.5 ounces / 70.9 grams) Color A: Red, Color B: White, Color C: Hot Blue: 11 yd each
- Hook US I9 / 5.50 mm
- Not critical
- 8 in. Circumference x 1.25 in. Height
- Ch: chain, sc: single crochet, esc: extended single crochet, YO: yarn over, st(s): stitch(es), FL: front loop, BL: back loop, FO: fasten off
SPECIAL STITCHES & TECHNIQUES
- Extended Single Crochet: YO, insert hook in st, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through one loop, YO, pull through two loops
- Pattern is written US terms
- Read the entire pattern before beginning
- Bracelet can be made in one color, if you prefer
- Change color in last stitch of the round
- Circumference can be adjusted by adding or subtracting any number of chains.
Ch 25, sl st to join in a loop. Be sure to not twist
Round 1: Ch 1, esc in first st, esc in each st around, sl st to join – 25 esc
Round 2: Ch 1, sc in FL of first st, *ch 6, sc in FL of next st; repeat from * around until 1 st remains, change to Color B in last sc, sl st to join, FO Color A – 25 sc, 24 loops
Round 3: Ch 1, esc in BL of first st (loop made in the FL of previous round), esc in BL of each st around, sl st to join – 25 esc
Round 4: Repeat Round 2, changing to Color C in last sc
Round 5: Repeat Round 3
Round 6: Repeat Round 2
Round 7: Ch 1, sc in BL of first st, sc in BL of each st, sl st to join, FO – 25 sc
Weave in ends
Thank you for your support! ♥ Join the Creations By Courtney Community on Facebook for exclusive coupons, giveaways and more.
Additionally, I invite you to sign-up for my email newsletter, and follow me on social media for more crochet and yarnie goodness!