Have you jumped into the tunisian trend yet? Have you seen the tunisian honeycomb stitch??
I was inspired by the texture of the honeycomb stitch, and wanted to make something with one braid of Caron x Pantone yarn.
This is a great stash-busting project to learn tunisian simple and purl stitches. You’ll be shocked at how quickly this is made with a bulky weight and large hook.
- Caron x Pantone (60% acrylic, 20% merino wool, 20% nylon; 127 yards/ 116 m; 3.53 oz/ 100 g), bulky weight #5, Peacock Blue, 1 braid, or 25 yards of each color
- Hook: US L/11 ( 8.00 mm) afghan hook, or Tunisian hook with 14’ extender
- Hook: US K/10 1/2 (6.00 mm)
- Yarn Needle
- 4 Stitch Markers
- 2 small rings
- Purse Strap of choice
- Sew-on Snap
- Stiffened Felt in coordinating color, 12” x 18”
- Sewing thread and needle, optional
- 3 Honeycombs = 1”, 3 rows = 1”
- 18” long x 8.5” wide after blocking and before seaming