*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to products that I use, and think you will enjoy using too. Should you decide to use any such link, I will earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting this small business.
The Faux Fur Ankle Warmers crochet pattern were inspired by a random snow day in Georgia! ❄️
Snow rarely happens here, so it was the perfect opportunity to bundle up with some fingerless mitts to catch a few snowflakes! After a few minutes in the cold, wet snow, I was cold and need of warming up. A detour to Joanns Fabric Store after an errand meant grabbing some Lion Brand Go for Faux Thick & Quick during a buy two, get one free sale!
I love the softness of this faux fur, and it makes for quick projects! These ankle warmers are the QUICKEST!
I frogged the ankle warmers and remade each one within 30 minutes! You know you love a quick project!
The first iteration was wide enough to fit over my slip on boots to make them fit a bit snugger and warmer, but I decided to made the ankle warmers a bit slimmer to slide over other ankle boots.
With so many Go for Faux Thick & Quick color options, you can make a pair in every color to match ALL of your boots, and make a few to gift.
The pattern below is made to slide over your foot and then pull down over your boots, and can be easily customized for the perfect fit.
- Lion Brand Go for Faux Thick & Quick (100% polyester, 24 yards / 22 meters, 4.2 ounces / 120 grams): Husky, 2 skeins
- Hook US Furls Crochet Streamline Swirl Galaxy Hook, 10.00 mm or size needed to meet gauge
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
5 stitches x 3 rows = 4″ x 4″
- 6 inches tall x 13.5 inch circumference
- Ch: Chain
- sl st: slip stitch
- dc: double crochet
- st(s): stitch(es)
- Pattern is written US terms.
- Read the entire pattern before beginning.
- Ch 2 counts as a stitch throughout the pattern
- Ankle Warmer width can be adjusted by chaining fewer or more stitches to begin. This will impact the total numbers of rows.
- Only 2 skeins of yarn will be needed for the pattern below. Grab more yarn for taller/wider ankle warmers.
- To adjust size: make enough chains to fit snugly around calf, and then make the same number of dc as the beginning ch.
Round 1: Ch 13, sl st to join forming a ring
Round 2: Ch 2 (counts as dc here and throughout), dc in next st around, sl st to join – 13 dc
Round 3-4: Repeat Round 2
Round 5: Ch 2, dc in next st, dc in each st until last st, 2 dc in last st, dc in same space as ch 2, sl st. Fasten off – 15 dc
Using a large eye yarn needle, weave in ends.
Pin Now, Make It Later
Want to talk about yarn goodness, crochet tips, and exclusive weekly deals? Join my Facebook Group, Creations By Courtney Community.
Join my newsletter for sneak peeks, crochet tips, and more. HERE
Please use #CreationsByCourtney on social media when sharing your projects.
This pattern is not to be duplicated or resold, and not to be reproduced commercially. You may sell finished products on Etsy, at farmers markets, and craft fairs, but please credit Creations By Courtney as the pattern’s author.