Meet the Acorn Hat and Fingerless Mitts! This is the second C2C, corner to corner, design by Creations by Courtney!
After making the Acorn Cowl, I had to make a hat and mitts to complete the set. C2C is such a fun technique in crochet, especially for color work projects. I love the texture and working on a diagonal in this technique, which can be tricky to get the hang of at first for the decreases to make a straight edge.
I chose to make a hat because why not? But also, in the brown color, it perfectly captures the acorn vibe. ?. I think fingerless mitts are great projects for trying out new techniques in a small size before tackling something larger, and one of the best crochet accessories! They keep your hands warms but allow you still easily use your fingers.
Once seeing the wide array of colors for Color Made Easy, I just had to grab Kombucha! The color reminds me of fall and winter (without snow), and was very similar in color to the Acorn Cowl. Why not have a matching hat and fingerless gloves for the cowl? As with most C2C, corner to corner, projects, it’s a quick project, and requires only one skein to make the adult size. If you’re familiar with C2C, it’s easy to adjust the size to make smaller.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to products that I use, and think you will enjoy using too. Should you decide to use any such link, I will earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting this small business.
- Lion Brand Yarns Color Made Easy (100% acrylic, 247 yards / 226 meters, 7 ounces / 200 grams) Kombucha: 1 skein
- Furls Crochet Streamline Hook, 8.00 mm or size needed to meet gauge
- Yarn needle
- 1 stitch marker
- Measuring tape
- Faux fur pom pom
- Cord locks, optional
4 blocks x 4 blocks = 4” x 4”
- Toddler Hat (18” wide x 6” tall before seaming and edging); Fingerless Mitts ( 5” wide x 4” tall)
- Child Hat (19” wide x 7” tall); Fingerless Mitts (6” wide x 5” tall)
- Adult Hat (20” wide x 8” tall); Fingerless Mitts (8” wide x 6” tall)
- Ch: Chain
- sl st: slip stitch
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- fpedc: front post extended double crochet
- YO: yarn over
SPECIAL STITCHES & TECHNIQUES
- Fpedc: YO, insert hook front to back to front around next st, YO and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), YO, pull through 1 loop, [YO, pull through 2 loops] twice
- Pattern is written US terms.
- Read the entire pattern before beginning.
- This is a C2C, or corner to corner, pattern.
- Ch 3 counts as dc in each block.
- Any adjustments in size may require less or more yarn.
- Different sizes are listed within parentheses for the fingerless mitts. If one number is listed it applies to all sizes.
Pin It for Later
Want to talk about yarn goodness, crochet tips, and exclusive weekly deals? Join my Facebook Group, Creations By Courtney Community.
Join my newsletter for sneak peeks, crochet tips, and more. HERE
Please use #CreationsByCourtney on social media when sharing your projects.
This pattern is not to be duplicated or resold, and not to be reproduced commercially. You may sell finished products on Etsy, at farmers markets, and craft fairs, but please credit Creations By Courtney as the pattern’s author.